Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Friday, June 21, 2013

June 20, 2013 Musings, ponderings and random acts of celebration.

I've always been rather envious of friends who just seem to get along with everyone.  I wish I had that gift.  Instead, I seem to be the one who manages to either irritate, or be irritated by someone at some point, which creates tension for other people.  I'm not sure what it is I'm doing or why I can't seem to stop it, but frankly, I'm quite tired of this part of my nature.

I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that I am very passionate by nature, and tend to express myself in a very overt manner.  I think I also tend to take myself too seriously at times.  I'm sure my friends do too, but they seem to know when to do so and when to put on their "company faces" and just let things roll off.

It just may be that when my friends experience these irritations, they go away and talk it out with a friend who isn't part of the group dynamic, so they put things back in perspective before venturing into the pool again.  Whatever it is, I wish someone would explain to me what it is I'm doing wrong!

On a lighter note, as I've gotten into the habit of preparing my breakfasts and lunches every couple of days, I realize that there is a certain catharticness to chopping up fresh fruits and vegetables.  As I stand at the counter, following my routine every other day, chatting to the cats while I work, I feel the tensions of the day draining out of my body.  I'm not really sure if it's knowing that I'm doing one more good thing for my body, or if it is just the simplicity of the task of selecting an item, cutting it into the size pieces I want, and moving on to the next one.  Whatever it is, between the meal preparations, the tidying up of the kitchen, posting in my blog and the rest of my nightly routines, I have certainly found it easier to fall asleep and, even better, to stay asleep!

I've said it before and I'll say it again:  establishing new, healthy habits benefits us in ways we don't even realize!  I'm also learning not to get overly excited, in either direction, over the numbers on the scale.  At the moment, I'm back up a couple of pounds, but my clothes are fitting looser and I am really starting to see an improvement in the muscle tone in my upper body!  I'm learning to focus on the improvements and to remove my attention to what still needs to be "fixed".  If nothing else, focusing on the parts which are showing improvement brings me joy, not the least of which is the fact that I set myself goals to live a healthier lifestyle, and I've accomplished that!

I've realized that, by basing the success of your goals on the numbers on a scale, you're going to spend a lot of time being frustrated.    But by basing those goals on the fit of your clothes, your energy level, and, for those of us who are no longer spring chickens, by the reduction in aches and pains, the increase in strength to do the simple things, and, best of all, the desire to continue those healthy habits, to the point where you just don't feel right when you miss one!

I still have a lot to learn, in this Human Experience, but I'm learning to celebrate the successes, because as I celebrate the small successes, they begin to accumulate until I'm celebrating more large ones too!

My Goal this week is to celebrate those victories, those successes, with a childlike innocence.  To appreciate each and every small achievement and to share my spirit of celebration with everyone around me.  I'm giving myself permission to embark on a path of random acts of celebration, and challenge myself to find as many reasons as I can!

My first celebration is for coming up with a blog topic for tonight.  When I went into the kitchen to make my lunch, my brain was a great, big blank, but by the time I finished making my wonderful, tasty salad and removed my contacts,  I had found plenty to say, once again, and as an added bonus, a new challenge to set for myself!  If that isn't an excuse for a party, I don't know what is!!!  And all my rowdy friends will be there on Saturday night to help me!



My gratitudes tonight are:
1. I am grateful for excuses for random acts of celebration.
2. I am grateful for friends who set me good examples.
3. I am grateful for fantastic nights of dancing and friendship.
4. I am grateful for inspiration, from wherever it may come.
5. I am grateful for busy, social weekends (and a massage is an added bonus!)

Love and light.

1 comment:

  1. Sheri, I enjoyed your gratitude list! Especially the first one: grateful for excuses for random acts of celebration!

    I tend to forget that one!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.