Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Monday, June 3, 2013

June 3, 2013 Spinning wheel, spinning 'round...

The 10th Major Arcana card in the Tarot deck is the Wheel of Fortune (though it goes by other names, depending on the deck you're using).  It symbolizes Destiny, Movement, a Turning Point or Personal Vision.  When it appears in a reading, it may be interpreted as follows:


The Wheel of Fortune is a card of movement.  Just as life is constantly moving, so, too, does the wheel.  If you are not happy where you are right now, be patient, because at the next turn of the wheel, things will change.  If you are happy where you are, don't get too comfortable, because, at the next turn of the wheel, things will change.

Without movement, our lives would be stagnant, dull and dreary.  We won't always like where the road takes us, but where it takes us has a purpose, and that purpose is growth.

I took a couple of days' vacation last week, giving me a 5 day weekend.  When I returned to the office, it was as if the floodgates opened, and the momentum is carrying everyone along, like it or not.  Some of us have been thrust into roles for which we are not accustomed and are having to figure it out as we go along, being rather light on guidance, at least of the human variety.

This is one of those times when we really need to trust in the Universe or whatever force we believe has a hand in our destiny.  We wouldn't have the opportunity to learn and become more than what we are if we didn't already have the necessary tools, earned by virtue of previous lessons.  If the examples we are being set are less than stellar, it is up to us to make new rules and keep our wheels turning fast enough so they don't get stuck in potholes or mired in muck.

It is all too easy to just blame our superiors or each other for perceived failures.  But it is far more productive, and adds more to our personal growth if we put our heads together and make a plan that works.

The result is that our leaders appear to be learning from us, much to their amazement.  In some ways, I think they expected us to continue as we were, failing to cooperate with each other, and ultimately failing, period.

I'm rather reminded of the play "The Producers" where the intention was to put a team together to produce a flop, only to have the pieces fit together such that they succeeded beyond anyone's wildest imaginings.  I find it very exciting to take what was believed to be a dog of a play and using collaboration, ingenuity and hard work, turn it into something exciting, relevant and successful.

Not every opportunity we encounter will look like much when we first see it.  Some look more like that bedraggled, mud covered dog you find by the side of the road, covered in fleas and half starved.  But with a little love and attention and a few good meals, you end up with a loyal, devoted friend who will love you forever.

Turning a perceived weakness into that golden opportunity is much the same.  Nobody expects you to succeed, so proving them wrong is all the sweeter!

In our lives, we encounter many times when someone tells us "it can't be done!".  These are just the opportunities we need to really put ourselves to the test and shine, no, Sparkle!!!

The road might be rocky and I might get muddy at times, but I choose Sparkle!  The rewards at the end of my personal rainbow are worth the effort!

My gratitudes tonight are:
1. I am grateful for opportunities to turn sure losses into stupendous wins.
2. I am grateful for lessons in collaboration and team work.
3. I am grateful for mornings that begin and end with a big, fluffy cat draped across my chest.
4. I am grateful for summer traffic.
5. I am grateful for opportunities to perform random acts of kindness.

2 comments:

  1. I find for me that creating a plan and actively seeking to make my goals happen creates the opportunities I am looking for! It's not always foolproof, but it works quite well most of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Life is all about leaving our comfort zones and knowing that we are always on the move, that change is our only constant. And yes, we may not be comfortable, but we will grow. And become better, stronger people! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.