Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

June 5, 2013 Some days, you just have to be a lump!

The last couple of days, and especially today, have to go down in my book as my least productive days in a very long time! 

It all began yesterday afternoon when I began to cough so hard, I was in danger of horking up a lung!  I decided to, once again, cancel my gym visit in favor of some chicken soup and a quiet evening at home, little realizing just how quiet it would end up being. 

Trader Joe's let me down and was out of chicken soup, so I settled for chicken marsala which I was, with a few dire threats, able to consume without the help of the Moose.  All was well for another hour or so, and Loki got her fluids but once Mathom left, things started to deteriorate.

Next thing I know, having already tried my Gypsy Cold Care tea to no avail, I found myself seeking the last resort in a bottle of nasty cough syrup, after which I crawled into bed, hours earlier than normal, with breakfasts unmade and Loki unmedicated. 

I awoke this morning to the need for another shot of cough syrup, a cat feeding (for fear I'd get no rest otherwise) and a sleep which lasted until well after 1:00 PM, broken only by trips to the bathroom, sips of water and position changes, until I was finally driven from my warm, cat-filled cocoon by knees which screamed "we cannot tolerate this lack of movement any longer!"  

Thus encouraged, I managed to stumble to the kitchen, pour myself a bowl of Joe's O's and a glass of grapefruit juice, toss down some cold coffee to ward off the inevitable migraine should caffeine levels drop too low, and consume my brunch in front of the tv. 

T'was there I remained, with my nursing staff at hand, most of the day.

I am happy to say that Loki did get her meds tonight, at the expense of a little of my blood when I reached into her mouth to ensure that, with the second attempt, she swallowed her Pepsid.  Breakfast/lunch making is being taken in shifts as standing for long periods of time is exhausting.  Meanwhile, I am sending thoughts of good health and energy to every fiber of my being as I will have to make up for work left undone today over the next couple of days!

My blog has also suffered as yesterday was postless, and I have not yet picked up where I left off on my book last week.

Best of all, the cough is no longer gut tearing, and is infrequent as well.  Even so, bedtime will again be several hours earlier than normal as being laid up for even a day is annoying at best!

As I sit her flashing hot, then cold, then hot again (and believe me, menopause is safely behind me now!) I'm looking for the good in a day of getting nothing done.  The one thing I see is that it makes me appreciate the days of manic energy when I get so much done, I amaze myself!  May I see one of those days soon!

My gratitudes tonight are:
1. I am grateful for my returning health.
2. I am grateful for being halfway through the breakfast/lunch making chore.
3. I am grateful for all of my furry nurses who took such good care of me today.
4. I am grateful that I'll be able to go back to work tomorrow.
5. I am grateful that I finished some tasks ahead of schedule yesterday.

Love and light

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.