Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Thursday, March 14, 2013

March 14, 2013 I heard what you said, but what did you really mean?

It has come to my attention again in the last couple of days that communication is as difficult to corral as a jellyfish or a herd of cats.  I used to put a lot of emphasis on intonation, but I'm finding that, in reality, an even larger factor is the listener's own experience.  What might seem like a benign remark to me will trigger a painful past experience in someone else so that, from my perspective, the message I was trying to convey wanders down a road I wasn't even aware existed!  What I see as my blunt, direct way of speaking (and writing) has gotten a serious wakeup call.

So I want to carefully reiterate here that I am throwing a lot of data out to the Universe and, often, asking for the perspective of others because something is either unclear to me, or frankly, isn't working.  I want and need those perspectives so that I can not only understand why I'm not communicating what I think I am, but also so that I can improve upon what I'm doing so I can communicate better.  I also want to make it clear that I'm pretty thick-skinned and am unlikely to take offense because someone disagrees with what I say, whether it's done politely or sans sugar coating.  In fact, if I am to be completely honest here, I thrive on those challenges!  So bring it on!  (yes, I know, I should be careful what I wish for, but how will I learn and grow if I don't get a few scrapes and bruises along the way?)

I know that I'm not always going to manage to convey my meaning to everyone no matter how hard I try, but if I'm clearly miscommunicating on a large scale, improvement is definitely needed.  I appreciate being challenged about what I've written, especially since, all too often, I literally turn my brain off and let my subconscious do the walking across my keyboard.  Unlike my brain, my subconscious has no muffler or internal editor, so what comes out is often rather rough around the edges.  But it is also very honest. 

On another topic (I can hardly be expected to stick to just one topic per blog, now, can I?) my feelings of being scattered are intensifying and staying on task is becoming nearly impossible.   Even the ADHD side of me is having trouble keeping up!  Interestingly, I'm not only hearing other people mention that they're feeling scattered as well but am finding references to the condition in some of the predictive materials I have been reading lately.   A friend recently referred to a feeling of great change which seems to correlate with the feelings I've had for several years now.  Is it possible that the scatteredness I'm feeling has to do with a speeding up of those changes?  Am I feeling discomfort because I'm more connected to those changes than others?  Is there any correlation between the intensity of the scattered feeling and our sensitivity and/or involvement in the coming changes?    Although I've tried to incorporate these questions into my meditations, I seem to be getting the opposite results, which aren't necessarily a bad thing.  When I meditate lately, what I get more often than anything else is a feeling of complete calm.  I am surrounded by light and floating, unrestrained and unencumbered.  Could this just be the other side of the same coin?  Am I my own Yin and Yang?

And who among us are feeling the changes more clearly?  Is it those who are more aware of their connection to one of the elements:  Earth, Air, Fire, Water?  Or is it one particular element over the others?  Does it have to do with where we are on the continuum between Human and Spirit?  These questions and many more will definitely be explored in the weeks to come.


I suppose part of the insanity right now is directly connected to communication.  Once again, I made the mistake of trying to rationally discuss Spirituality with someone who was raised with the dogma of "our way is the one, true way and anyone who doesn't believe the way we do and accept christ as their lord and saviour is going to rot in hell" isn't going to even consider accepting the fact that all roads lead to Rome, as it were.  This person even told me that she didn't believe in the Old Testament.  I guess I was misinformed because I thought all of the Judeo-Christian faiths started with the Old Testament and at the end of it went either to the New Testament or the Talmud.   I was also told that there is only one truth and that truth is found in the New Testament!  OK, well, lesson learned.  Know when to drop the subject before the other party gets their feelings hurt.  Note to self, recognize close-mindedness early, respect the individual's right to their beliefs and don't bother trying to get them to see that everyone's beliefs are valid, because they just aren't wired to accept that.

But aside from that one wrinkle in my dancin' dress, it was a fine night for dancers!  The music was great, the crowd was pretty friendly, the level of line dances was kept fairly high and we got to do our newest dance, "Fairy Tales and Love Songs...Whatever" not once, but twice!  I'm not sure if it's the way the dance moves, the music (Payphone by Maroon 5), the newness and the fact that only a few of us really know it right now, or a combination of the above, but I could really feel the level of Joy rise when we all hit the floor to do the dance!  Or maybe it reminds us of our cruise?  Whatever it is, the dance brings back flagging energy and makes my heart smile as big as the Universe!    One thing is for sure, though.  If the younger crowd plans to learn this dance, they're going to have to put down the dadgum cell phones.  I can't tell you how many times I saw someone dancing while texting.  For heavens' sake!  Do they have to stay THAT connected?  Sheesh!!!  If the person at the other end wants to talk to them that badly, they can get off their butts and join them at the club!  Or the texting dancer can at least leave the floor and finish his conversation.  Do I sound like a crotchety old lady?  I just think that at certain times, the cell phones are extraneous.  I put mine on the table or in my purse when I dance.  I might check it a couple of times during the evening, but usually just to see what time it is.  This is my dance time, and nothing is allowed to interfere with that.  Dance time is sacrosanct!

In celebration of Pi day, my crazy daughter brought a yummy fruit tart and a chocolate mousse cake topped with fruit.  We had a good time explaining Pi day to our dance friends, but the cake and tart were definitely a hit!  And as my dancin' girls were there tonight, it was a wonderful, love filled evening, and yes, the clothes were soaked and had to be peeled off!  Therefore, the night was perfect, but my feet are looking forward to a night off as they have had two late dancing nights in a row and are ready for a break.  And I am going to make this an earlier night in what will probably be a futile effort to catch up on sleep!

My gratitudes tonight are:
1. I am grateful for my girl friends who make me laugh, make me smile and make me feel loved.
2. I am grateful for energy to dance and give the young whippersnappers a run for their money!
3. I am grateful for a new dance which we can do and get the kids excited to learn it too.
4. I am grateful for weekends filled with dancing, chores and good friends.
5. I am grateful for good health which allows me to keep my activity level up and even increasing.

Love and light

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.