Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Sunday, March 31, 2013

March 31, 2013 Shedding negativity

Woke up feeling kind of blue today and after cleaning the kitchen, making the kids' healthy Easter baskets (veggies and nuts instead of candy) and sitting down with my first cup of coffee in my Eeyore mug, I realized that it is probably because I wrote a post last night which deviates greatly from my usual positive, upbeat topics.  The only way to counter negativity is to send it a veritable tidal wave of positive energy and drown it out!  So this is me, finding my joy again, and filling myself up with positive, productive, happy, energetic, bunny hopping energy!  Can you feel it??  I said, CAN YOU FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL IT!  

Let me hear a Hell Yeah!!!  Change the wallowing into singing, the blues into rainbows and the foot dragging into dancing!  My 15 year old Calico agrees as she is sitting at my feet purring as loud as she can, as if to say, "yeah, baby!  THAT's what I'm TALKING about!"  Maybe that should be the title of my first book:  "Everything I learned, I learned from my cat!

They have the right idea, after all.  Eat, sleep, play, cuddle, bathe self, bathe each other, cuddle some more.  Sleep some more.  Find a warm lap to sleep on.  Demand attention from humans.  And above all, Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

<jumping up and dancing>  I just want to celebrate, celebrate, celebrate, I just want to celebrate...LIFE!!

How many songs have been written over the years encouraging us to let to of the grumpy, sad stuff and enjoy life.  How about this oldie?  "Pack up your troubles in your old kit bag and smile, smile smile.  While there's a lucifer to light your fag, smile boys, that's the style!"

No matter how down and out a person might be, there is something in their life worth appreciating.  I will concede that it is harder for some people than others to find that something, but for those of us who have a roof over our heads, work to keep us productive, food to keep us healthy, family and friends to keep us grounded, there really isn't anything we can't overcome.  Sure, we have bills to pay, and repairs to make and cleaning to do.  Sure, the job might not always fulfill us.  Sure, the same family who loves us can also make demands on us.  But would we really be able to appreciate them fully if it was all perfect?  It's the challenging times that remind us how precious it all is, how it is a privilege, not a right to be so blessed and to be grateful for it all.

As I write, I can feel my joy meter rising quickly.  It's past the halfway point already and I have a smile on my face as my fingers dance across the keyboard, looking for more joyful noise to make.  I'm also popping back and force to Facebook as I read my friends' posts and vicariously share their traditional activities for this day which some consider holy.

My daughter is certainly doing her part to fill my joy meter to the top!  We agreed that Easter baskets this year would not be filled with candy as we've been eating healthier lately, so she filled mine with little containers of loose tea in yummy flavors, a slotted red spoon whose slots make a happy face, a water bottle and a sheep who sings "Moves like Jagger".  What fun!  She and my son-in-law got baskets filled with veggies, eggs filled with pistachios and carrots and tomatoes instead of jelly beans.  A little creativity and a lot of humor went into our baskets this year!  (and my blues are officially gone!)

Now I'm waiting for our delicious brunch to be ready while watching my grandpuppy hunt Easter eggs filled with dog treats.  My grandkitty is also here but has yet to fully emerge from his perceived safe haven behind my sofa!  Could the day get more perfect???


The perfect ending to a joyous day spent with the kids eating brunch, watching movies, relaxing, reading and finally, falling asleep on the couch with my kitties!  My positivity is restored and I look forward to a busy, productive week!

Love and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.