Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

March 27, 2013 A day of lessons

Started the day with a bang, first by oversleeping then by receiving a ticket from the local law enforcement agency who is playing their "hide the pea" game yet again.  I allowed my focus to drift to making the green light and ignored my speedometer.   I'm only grateful that it was the locals and not the starving California gendarmes.

Driving to work after the delay, I focused on having the day get better, only one way to go now, and that's up..that sort of thing.  I also realized that I forgot to tune in to the full moon meditation I'd signed up for last night.  And I wondered if I was sending the Universe too many "lack" messages and not enough "gratitude for having enough" messages.

But as the day progressed, it occurred to me that the Universe in it's own inimitable fashion was giving me a very loud, very clear message to slow down!  I need to take more time to appreciate what I have instead of just giving it lip service.  My walk yesterday was a great example.  I took time out of my day to enjoy the beauty around me, to experience an impromptu concert, and to see what else exists in about a mile radius from where I work 5 days a week.  The message today was that I need to do more of this.  I'm spending too much time doing mindless, meaningless things and I'm in danger of atrophying my brain.  So I'm setting a new intention, to listen more, talk less, focus more, detach less and make more opportunities to add experiences I can share instead of digging into a dark, dank, empty well of ennui.

In one of the many inspirational emails I receive, I found this quote today "Many great inventors and artists have found that the inspiration they need to get to the next level in their work comes not when they’re working but when they’re walking around the block or doing dishes."  

How timely and appropos.  Not only is someone else recognizing that those walks are therapeutic and mind clearing, but my mind's need to make lunches, clean the kitchen, set up the coffee pot and other mundane chores is essential to my own writing process.  Clearly, the errant thoughts I've had about hiking, going to the gym and spending more time with friends has a definite purpose as does dancing in my living room with wild abandon, acting as a sounding board for a friend's thoughts and ideas and taking every opportunity to flex those writing muscles!


Listening to the Universe's message, I skipped the dance lesson to come home, do some paperwork I'd been neglecting, read a little "Laws of Attraction", meditate and exercise my brain a bit with some strategy and word games.  As usual, I had lots of company for these endeavors!  

I also heeded the message to listen more and talk less while participating in a 4 hour meeting.  I still need to work on listening more and talking less, but overall, it was a really good exchange of ideas from all.  

I did find, tonight, that I wasn't really interested in watching TV.  I turned it on for a bit while I ate my dinner, but was quickly bored and turned it off in favor of my book.  I attribute this, at least in part, to the new intentions I've set.  I have found that once I set such an intention, I lose my taste for certain things which are counterproductive to where I want to go.  This may be an unconscious part of the allowing process, or it might just be my subconscious taking the messages I send and doing its part to help me along with the help of my Guides and Higher Self.    But whatever it is, I'm very grateful.  Now, if it could help me love exercise and find chocolate distasteful....   Well, I can dream, can't I?

My gratitudes tonight are:
1. I am grateful for the Powers within and without which help me to manifest my intentions.
2. I am grateful for my increasing ability to not only turn what could be a day wrecking situation into a lesson, but to find the lesson in the challenge.
3. I am grateful for new intentions which come to me about the time I've nearly mastered the last ones, or need more tools in order to fully master earlier ones.
4. I am grateful for more opportunities to learn new skills, whether or not they may be job related.
5. I am grateful for inspiration received from people around me: those I see and speak to and those I know only from their wonderful, inspirational posts.

Love and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.