Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Friday, March 15, 2013

March 15, 2013 Something frivolous for a change

Today I was reading a post about the 7 things you can no longer do with a cat in the house and realized that I can add to her list with my own little darlings:
1. Eat a meal without my 25 pound Weegie, Toby, smacking at my fork hand with his labrador sized feet.  He gets 1/2 a can of wet food in the morning (more if he can chase the girls and Scooby away before they finish) and is free fed dry food the rest of the time, but if I sit down with my own dinner, he is suddenly being  starved and must be fed NOW!
2. Sleep through the night with: a. the entire pillow to myself and no big, fluffy tail smacking me in the nose.  Both Dylan and Toby like to do this and, at times, will stage a war on my pillow while my head is on it trying to actually use it for sleep!  Dylan also finds this a perfect opportunity to give me a cat facial with his sandpaper tongue.  b. Roll over without removing Loki from my body and Munchkin from my feet.  Neither of them weighs more than 7 pounds, but when they're laying on top of me, they become 900 pound immovable objects, and Loki, in particular, can cuss like a sailor when she's been disturbed.  c. Take up more than my allotted 1/4 of the bed on my designated side.
3. Do anything in the kitchen without having to sidestep Munchkin and Loki or avoid Toby who simply plants himself in the exact center of wherever I'm trying to move back and forth.  His favorite spots are between the sink and the refrigerator if I'm preparing, and in front of the sink if I'm actually cooking.
4. Arrive home late and do anything other than giving everyone attention when I first walk through the door.  Dylan has perfected the "guilt" look if I fail to acknowledge him and give him the requisite amount of skritch time before doing anything as mundane as hitting the bathroom or hanging up my keys.  Turning on lights is also a luxury until everyone is satisfied.  Those who know me well can appreciate the gravity of this requirement as the first place my hamster bladder wants to see once I get through the door is the bathroom!
5. Use the bathroom for any reason without an audience.  Munchkin, in particular, finds a closed door to be a personal insult and will body slam it just to let the perpetrator know that the insult was duly noted and will be dealt with accordingly.
6. Come home without counting noses to make sure everyone is ok.
7. Leave the house without evidence on my clothes that I am owned by cats, and a good observer can probably tell you the colors and how many.

Of course, I wouldn't have it any other way as my furry darlings give me unconditional love and are always there if I need comforting, company or just help meditating or doing a tarot read. And who knew, after all these years, how many things I'm incapable of doing without feline supervision?  And heaven help me if I've acquired the scent of another animal while away from home.  This will result in a thorough sniffing down followed by Dylan, at the very least, spending a great deal of time putting his scent back on his person! 

On a more serious note, I was thinking about how another person's propensity to talk but not listen was really bugging me to the point that I'm behaving completely out of character and speaking very little.  It occurs to me that the behaviour I dislike in another person is a reflection on me.  Giving it further thought, I think it was a reminder to myself to listen more and talk less, which is always a good lesson to learn, over and over and over, if need be.  And if I'm honest with myself, just about everything that bugs me about another person needs to be turned inward so I can figure out what I need to learn next! 

The muse is losing her momentum so I'll wind this up with my evening's gratitudes:

1. I am grateful for the opportunity to improve my own behaviour.
2. I am grateful for the unconditional love of my cats.
3. I am grateful for dance nights and new dances to learn and perfect.
4. I am grateful for weekends when I can catch up on chores and relax in bed with my kitties for a little longer.
5. I am grateful for computers which make journalizing and sharing my thoughts so much easier, and editing, seamless.

Love and light

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.