Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Sunday, March 17, 2013

March 16, 2013 Sharing thoughts to make life simpler



A friend posted this and I found it so inspiring that I decided to paste it into a blog post.  Although I've seen most of these before, it was rather handy to have them all in one place as a reminder to myself that, in essence, everything is small stuff!

My favorite has always been #2, but clearly, I'm guilty of forgetting 1, 4, 5 and 7 as well.  I rather suspect that I'll print this out and put it up in highly visible places like my bulletin board in my home office, my vision board in my bedroom, the refrigerator, and of course, my office at work!  I think every one of these is worth reminding ourselves every day!

I certainly spend more than my share of time overthinking, overanalyzing and hairsplitting in my quest for enlightenment or simply the solution to some mathematical problem at work, despite the fact that I know from experience that if I find myself mired in the details, the very best thing I can do is just walk away and look at it with fresh eyes a little later.  Chances are pretty good that the answer will literally jump off the page at me!  This is one of those areas where, as a former acquaintance used to say "take my advice.  I'm not using it anyway!"

I had myself a very lazy day today for some reason.  I slept until about 10:30, then lazed around doing pretty much nothing most of the day.  I finally felt a little guilty so I swept and mopped the living room floor, having finally found the source of at least some of the messes my furry little darlings left for me to clean up!  But I'm still procrastinating doing my taxes, despite the fact that I've had everything ready for at least two weeks!  <sigh>  I guess I'd better just bite the bullet and get them done already as I still have to do the kids' too.

Yes, I admit it.  I am a procrastinator.  Especially when it comes to cleaning or taxes.  I see both as pretty onerous, even though I really do like living in a clean house.  I guess I should have been born into a household that had a maid to do all of the cleaning for them so I'd have just known how to live comfortably with regular maid service.  I don't mind doing laundry or cleaning up the kitchen, but I have to fight with myself to clean bathrooms, vacuum and scrub floors.  But I'm not liking how my living space looks and smells right now so I'm just going to have to get over my distaste and get the jobs done!  I should take the advice I give my kids and break it up into small, manageable chunks and congratulate myself upon completion of one of the small pieces.  It would certainly help if I could teach the cats to clean up after themselves, but I wasn't even successful with my daughters!  Although the house is much neater now that I'm living alone, I'm still working on the "clean" part of the equation.  That's it!!  If I turn it into a logic problem or a mathematical equation, I might stop seeing it as cleaning and begin seeing it as a puzzle to be solved!  Hmmm, I'll have to give that some thought.

So I'm talking to one of the dance folks tonight and he's saying that he forgets things a lot because he's getting old.  I laugh and say "oh yeah, what are you?  XX?"  He says, "no, I'm older than dirt!  I just had a birthday and I'm XY!"  I looked at him and said, "that's how old I'll be in a couple of months.  Thank you for informing me that I am older than dirt!"  Poor guy!  He wasn't sure what to say to that so he just gave me a hug.  Gee, is that all I have to do to get a hug?  Why did I make it so complicated? :)  But it's all good, and in all honesty, I get lots of hugs because dance people tend to be very touchy feely and hug each other hello, good-bye, happy birthday, congratulations and anything else they can think of.  I guess that's why I enjoy them so much!

One of the couples is getting married next month and has invited some of the dance people but not others, which makes sense because I'm sure that, like everyone else, they have a limited budget.  I've noticed that they have been a little bit stand-offish this last week and I really hope its not because they think I'm offended at not being invited.  Having just helped plan a wedding, and agonized a bit over the guest list with my daughter, I really do get it and certainly wouldn't do as someone did to us and drop less than subtle hints about getting an invitation.  When a friend of mine mentioned the wedding and said they weren't going to be able to go, I simply told her that I hadn't been invited and left it at that.

It's really sad that people get their feelings hurt because they are left off of a guest list.  When planning a party or an event of any kind, you have to establish limits or the costs will spiral out of control.  I'm very sensitive to that, and wish I could assure this couple that I don't take it personally at all.  I still wish them well and am very happy that they found each other and decided to make a life together.  In fact, if I think about it, I didn't expect to be on their guest list in the first place.  I'm not overly close with most of the dance people and am still working on getting together socially with some of them outside of dancing.  So to most of them, I'm just a dance friend, and nothing more.   At any rate, if they are a little uncomfortable around me, I hope I can find a way to ease the discomfort as, from where I sit, it's entirely unnecessary.  And besides, I'm spared having to buy a wedding gift or figure out what to wear, not to mention, the agony of watching all of the couples dance and not having a partner to dance with. 

I see so many people having to miss dance nights because of their full social calendars.  My dance nights are very important to me, and I've said it before to some of those people.  In a lot of ways, I'm grateful that my social calendar is pretty sparse because I don't have to try to juggle too much with my dance nights. The dancing is my recreation, my release and my passion, so I'm not as willing as most to compromise and miss too many nights.  That isn't to say that I don't watch some of the happy couples and feel a twinge of envy at times, but that is far outweighed by my joy at being able to go dancing whenever and wherever I like.  I'm not ruling out the possibility/probability of that man who dances coming into my life, but I won't be sitting on the sidelines, watching, until that happens.  Heck, he'll have to dance or he won't be able to catch me as it's more than likely that I'll be on the dance floor! 

My gratitudes tonight are:
1. I am grateful for my independence.
2. I am grateful for hugs.
3. I am grateful for my furry roommates, despite the fact that all of the cleaning falls on me!
4. I am grateful for weekends when I get to wrestle with my procrastinating side.
5. I am grateful for my readers who encourage and inspire me, even if they don't realize they're doing it!

Love and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.