Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Thursday, March 21, 2013

March 20, 2013 Reunion, Anonymous remarks and Dr. Seuss

Every so often, someone will comment on a post on the blog, and I appreciate the feedback.  However, some of those comments show up as "Anonymous" which simply means that they don't have a Google account.  Thankfully, most of those people identify themselves in their post and I'm happy to share their comments with everyone, but once in awhile, I get a comment from an Anonymous user with no indication as to who wrote the post.  So I'd like to request that if you wish to comment and are an anonymous user, that you identify yourself in your post, otherwise, I can't guarantee that your comment will be posted.  (If I'm not anonymous, it's only fair that commenters identify themselves too!)

Thank you.  This has been a public service announcement brought to you by a blogspot user.

It came to pass that what should have been a reunion year for my high school graduating class was looking like it would pass without a whimper.  Enter a classmate who didn't want to see that happen, and lo, a reunion committee of 8 was born!  Numerous phone calls and a Facebook page later, we have a venue, a date and will soon have assignments for everyone, but in the meantime, we are all getting very excited about gathering some of our classmates to commemorate this auspicious occasion.  It is amazing what can happen when you bring eight intelligent, talented, strong, determined women together through the miracle of the internet!  Maybe we should address our energy towards dumping a bunch of useless senators and congressmen and finally balancing the darned budget!  Just removing all of the special interests from the equation is bound to cut through some of the red tape!  And imagine cutting 535 salaries at around $200K each?  I think $107,000,000 would certainly make a dent in our budget deficit, and that is just salaries and doesn't include all of the perks and bennies, office space, staff and heaven only knows what else those deadbeats in Washington sponge off of the taxpayers!  I daresay we'd see a billion or two going back into the country's coffers!   Oh, the thinks you can think!

I've always been a great fan of Dr. Seuss and, in fact, my outgoing voicemail message used to go something like this:

Heather and Jenni and Mommy and Dad
Can't come to the phone now, we're oh so sad.
But leave us a message after the tone.
We'll be certain to call you when we return home.

Apparently, I passed on my love to my daughter Heather as she included a Seuss quote in her wedding ceremony.  He managed to convey a responsibility for our actions and to our environment in his whimsical fashion, but one which kids could relate to and who better to teach that responsibility to than the ones who will ultimately be the decision makers?  Although I loved that irrepressible, sublimely irresponsible Cat in the Hat, one of my favorite stories was the Lorax.  It really brought home how it is our responsibility to protect and nurture our environment and that someone has to take a stand against the large conglomerates who profit on its destruction.  I often wonder if that is how my daughter got her strong sense of responsibility for the oceans and rivers.  There are some pretty strong subliminal messages in the stories of Dr. Seuss. 

We are making noises now, but so far, we have yet to truly organize and make any noticeable inroads into healing the sicknesses humanity has inflicted on the Earth.  I've come to realize, though, that trying to fight to fix the wrongs is the wrong approach too.  We'd simply add more fuel to the funeral pyre.  Instead, we need to find ways to spread love across the land, giving it protection from those who value profit over the perpetuation of our home and her natural resources.  There are peaceful, subtle ways to bring about the necessary changes, and we have the tools to find and implement them, if we'd only start looking. 

Thinking about it, though, if it is occurring to me right now, how many others have already thought about it and, in fact, may already have a plan in place which is making subtle changes?  Could some of the energy shifts we've been feeling have been put in place by those sensitive to the destruction?  Are they, at this moment, reversing the tide? 

Whatever stage we are currently at, I look forward to being a part of the rebuilding process.

My gratitudes tonight are:
1. I am grateful for people who care about the earth more than they care about profiting from it.
2. I am grateful for a home filled with love.
3. I am grateful for the warm, soft bed waiting for me to rest my aching bones.
4. I am grateful that I am blessed to know some really amazing, talented, intelligent, ambitious women.
5. I am grateful for dancing.  The people make my whole being smile and the dancing keeps my body healthy.

Love and light


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.