Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

October 10, 2012 Gettin' better, just a little better every day

I've got to admit it's getting better....you know the rest. 

I'm sitting here, freshly showered, hair washed, and a bit worn out from standing in the shower long enough to get everything clean, and also enjoying a brief respite from the dreaded compression stocking.  I'm looking forward to tomorrow both anxiously and with a bit of trepidation as I see the doctor for the first time since the surgery.  The stitches are supposed to come out and I'll find out if I'm improving as expected.  If you ask me, I've made a lot of progress in the last few days, but who knows what the doctors expect?  I'm able to stand for short periods, I can put full weight on my leg when walking around the house, I can put weight on it getting up from a chair and even stand for short periods of time, like making breakfast and coffee!  My knee still feels a little unsteady, though, and at times feels like it might hyperextend, so I'm being very careful.  I'm also finding it harder to get comfortable while sitting or laying down for long periods of time, and usually end up on the couch for part of the night just to get some extra elevation in.  But I walk out to the living room, I don't limp, so that's a very good thing!

I'm looking forward to being able to drive again, to being able to do a real workout, and of course, to dance again, but I can feel right now that I have to give it time so I don't injure myself again.  It really hurts to admit that, but I know I'll be grateful for the caution in the years to come when I'm dancing as much as I want to again! 

The kitties are being great nurses, although they are having a tough time understanding that I need to work during the day, even though I'm home.  But it's been so beautiful and cool this week, that I open the window in my office so they take turns sitting in the window, staring at the birds in the tree in my front yard. 

Today I saw a picture of candy corn on Facebook.  Normally, I am not interested in something that sweet, but it really made me salivate.  Luckily, Heather had a bag with her so she stopped by and let me eat a few.  It really didn't take many to satisfy the craving, and now I can move on, but I'm so glad she had them or I might have bought a whole bag and just eaten it all over the next few days which is not a good thing!

My gratitudes for tonight are:

1. I'm grateful that the kids are living just up the street from me now.
2. I'm grateful for the visits from my kids and granddaughter.
3. I'm grateful that my confinement is almost over.
4. I'm grateful for showers.
5. I'm grateful for being able to work from home so I can keep up with things and save my vacation time for something fun.

Love and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.