Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

October 2, 2012 Feelin' all right!!

Today things worked in reverse.  I woke up with my back feeling ok, but the longer I was up and moving, the worse it felt.  Driving was especially uncomfortable, despite the use of my heated seat.  But by the time I got to work, it was somewhat tolerable and a walk around 11:00 seemed to help as well.  I've come to the conclusion that it is, in part, due to too much sitting in the evenings so maybe this was my wakeup call to start working on the daily workouts.  My body, via the Universal headslap is essentially telling me that I'd better use it or lose it.  Although this will distress Toby, who has become accustomed to long cuddles in my lap in the evening, he'll be happier with a mom who can still get around to give him those cuddles but also to empty his litter box and keep his food bowl filled.

Meanwhile, I'm feeling a lot of empathy for a friend who, until recently, spent her life with constant back pain. 

Thanks to a little more moving around today, my back is feeling much better this evening!  I had my pre op visit, got a call from the surgical center while I was there.  Jake proudly proclaimed that he has a tool which calculates what portion of the procedure the insurance won't pay so they can ask me for it up front (just as the doctor's office did).  What the heck happened to doing the work, billing the insurance company, writing off the excess and billing the patient for the rest?  It makes me wonder how many failures these doctors have which makes them so anxious to get their money up front.  What a racket.  I told Jake that I was very happy he had a tool, but I think it's rather rude of them to be expecting to be paid before they do any work!!!  Once again, I'm in the wrong business!  My clients and employers expect me to work first!!  Go figure!

But I plan on making the most of the next two days of being fully mobile.  Another visit to the chiropractor tomorrow and sushi with the kids tomorrow night, courtesy of Miss Heather who is getting a nice commission check this week, then dancing and a birthday party on Thursday.  I may even stay out a little later since I have to be at the surgical center at 9:20 so I may just sleep in a bit, considering I have to go without water, caffeine or anything after midnight!  The doctor says I'll be able to put my full weight on my leg right after surgery, but I'll wait and see.  And depending on the amount of swelling, I may or may not need PT.  Of course, my dancing future demands that I follow doctor's orders to the letter!  As the swelling never really went away since the tear first made itself known, chances are some will remain after the repair, or, should I say, removal of the damaged portion of my meniscus.  I was actually hoping that any PT would start while I'm working from home, but I guess they want to wait a week to see how it heals.  Probably best to do that and not add any stress until the stitches come out. 

So today I made a list of files I need to bring home so I can work on some things next week.  I want to make sure I can get a lot done while I have the luxury of several days of peace and quiet...and kitty love!

Today's gratitudes are:

1. I am grateful that I have one more night of dancing before my surgery.
2. I am grateful for nurse kitties who are ready, willing and able to supervise my recovery.
3. I am grateful that my back started feeling better so I could get laundry going.
4. I am grateful that my house is air conditioned since it looks like it's going to stay hot for at least a few more days.
5. I am grateful for friends and family who are there when I need them, even if I don't always realize it or show how much I appreciate it.

Love and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.