Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Saturday, October 6, 2012

October 5, 2012 Let the healing begin!

I made it through the surgery and so far, am experiencing minimal pain or discomfort.  I am also sporting a dubiously attractive compression stocking and massive bandage which, I'm told, must remain undisturbed until Monday.  Yikes!  Guess it's sponge baths for me! 

Getting around is a bit challenging as my knee is essentially welded in a semi straight position.  Walking is ok but putting on a pair of shorts was rather interesting, to say the least.  It involves sort of aiming the leg of the shorts at my right foot and hoping for the best.  Needless to say, it took me a couple of tries to make it work!  But what's life without a challenge or two?

My throat feels a little raw now, but they said that might happen as they used a tube for breathing during the anesthetic.  Up until an hour or so ago, I thought I'd been spared, but now it is beginning to feel a bit swollen.  As I'm going to sleep soon, I'm hoping it will be back to normal by morning, and I'll just sleep through the worst of it.

Heather and Mathom made sure I had a yummy dinner of seared ahi, steamed asparagus and twice baked potato (or half of one, actually).  I was very surprised to find that my appetite, after nearly 24 hours without food, was drastically reduced, but given my more sedentary than normal lifestyle for the next few days, that's not a bad thing.  However, if I continue to experience the lack of pain I have right now, the kids will drag me with them to Borderline so I can at least get out of the house for a bit. 

I have been proclaimed the worst patient ever by my son-in-law, not because I am demanding or cranky but because I won't stay put and let anyone wait on me.  I've never been very good at letting people do for me, and am unable to let something as minor as knee surgery change that.  As it is, they are going out of their way for me and I appreciate the heck out of it as I know they have lots to do to finish their move.  But boy, did he get annoyed when I wouldn't wait for him to help me get out of the car!  The truth is, it really didn't even occur to me.  I just automatically opened the door and hoisted myself out!  I let him carry the food!  (but maneuvering packages, my purse and my crutches is way beyond my capabilities!

Not being able to drive and having to depend on the kids for the next few days is going to make me nuts, but I am very grateful that it's only for a few days!  It certainly could be far worse! 

But all in all, I know this will be an easy time for me.  I have a really good doctor and the anesthesiologist actually listened to me when I said that I was a lightweight when it comes to drugs and gave me a lighter dose.  I came out of it only slightly disoriented as I was in a different room and it wasn't familiar, but the wooziness wore off fairly quickly, probably aided, in no small part by the lovely soy latte my wonderful son-in-law brought me when he came to take me home!  I'm sure all of the good thoughts, prayers and well wishes didn't hurt either.  I got a couple of texts just before I went in and lots of good thoughts on FB.  With that much healing energy, I'll be up, moving and better than new in no time!!!

Tonight's gratitudes are:

1. I am grateful that my surgery went smoothly.
2. I am grateful for my son-in-law who made sure that I got to and from, filled up my gas tank, brought me coffee and made me dinner!
3. I am grateful for all of the healing energy my friends are sending me.  It's working!!!
4. I am grateful for better than expected mobility.
5. I am grateful for the taller toilet the kids installed in my powder room this summer.  (it's a lot easier to get on and off of with an unbendable leg!)

Love and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.