Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Friday, October 5, 2012

October 4, 2012 The day is finally here!

After weeks of babying my knee and anticipation, the day has almost arrived when I will have said knee repaired and will finally be able to get back to my normal dancing routine (after a reasonable recuperation period, of course!).  I will be able to dance at least 3 or 4 nights a week again, and I won't have to pass on the fast two-steps!  I'm so excited, I could plotz!

I got all girly tonight, washed my hair and shaved my legs because I realized that I didn't want the doctor working on a hairy leg!  Ewwww!  And I did some thinking and realized that I'm less concerned about the cutting of three holes in my knee and poking around than I am about them knocking me out for the procedure.  I have just never been fond of general anesthesia, especially after the wisdom tooth saga in which I emerged from the anesthetic very disoriented and distraught.  Face it, my body just doesn't respond well to drugs of any kind!  But I will not psych myself out over this.  I will, instead, focus on the nice latte that I'm having Mathom bring me afterwards.  Nothing like a jolt of caffeine to clear the cobwebs of a drug induced sleep!  I only hope I don't embarrass myself by drooling!  That would be incredibly unattractive!

I was talking to a co-worker today about setting intentions and writing regularly (he shared a rather eerie story he wrote with me).  I told him that the last thing I do before I go to bed is write in my blog, and have now passed the 30 day point.  I realized that now, I couldn't go to bed without at least a short post if I wanted to.  I have come to really look forward to my evening one sided chat.  I also realized that I've been sleeping much better since I reinstated my nightly post, and as I talked to my friend, put two and two together and saw that by writing just before bedtime, I clear out my head so I can settle down to sleep.  He said that sometimes he tells himself a story to put himself to sleep and I realized that, until I started my nightly post, I often did the same thing!  Whether writing or concocting a story, the effect is the same.  The brain is occupied elsewhere and can allow sleep to come!  And once again, establishing a new habit has many wonderful and delicious side effects!

I was going to try to stay up really late so I wouldn't miss my morning caffeine too badly, but my body seems to be programmed to fade by midnight, and so it has.

My gratitudes tonight are:

1. I'm grateful that I'm finally having my knee fixed.
2. I'm grateful for a week of working from home.
3. I'm grateful for loving friends who I know will be with me through this little challenge.
4. I'm grateful for coffee!
5. I'm grateful for my daughter who offered to come over tomorrow and cook dinner for me (and who took me out for a wonderful sushi dinner last night!).

Love and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.