Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Friday, October 19, 2012

October 19, 2012 Car repairs, weddings and dancing, oh my!

Busy day today after staying up way too late and only getting maybe 4 hours of sleep.  After dropping my car off for service, I put in about 4 hours of work, then picked up the car, ran errands and got ready to go to a wedding.  And it was really beautiful!  The kids wrote their own vows and it was sweet to see the groom get a little choked up as he said the ones he wrote for his beloved.  Like my kids, they definitely injected a note of humor in with the mush, but the sentiment was adorable!  Their sweet baby girl had trouble understanding that she couldn't be with mom and dad for a good part of the afternoon, but loving aunts, uncles, cousins and a doting grandpa helped fill the gap until she could have some time with mom and dad.  What a cutie pie she was in her ruby slippers and leopard patterned dress!  And her big brother was quite handsome in his western shirt, jeans and cowboy hat that matched his dad's.  A beautiful family! 

They did some folk dancing (I believe the family is Serbian) but as I stood with some Jewish friends we all agreed that the steps and the dances, and even some of the music were eerily reminiscent of Jewish weddings and bar mitzvahs!  It was fun to watch as the younger adults put so much energy into the dancing.  I do remember those days, pre-knee issues!  (not to mention a few pounds lighter!) 

I find myself marveling at the number of young people who are making these commitments lately.  After so many years hearing about people who are commit-maphobic, it's refreshing to see that a lot of these kids really are making an effort to make a life with another person, and making that life with someone who is also their best friend.  It warms my heart that the concept has not died, but instead, just lay dormant for awhile.

And to be honest, it's not just the younger generation any more.  I have seen quite a few people in my age bracket, falling in love again and making a new commitment.  I see the joy in their faces and know that the world is a better place because their love is in it.  I know it sounds kind of mushy, but it renews my hope for humanity when love and commitment appear to be on the rise again.  Like Noah and his ark, they're walking two by two and it is good!

Tonight's gratitudes are:
1. I am grateful for renewed hope.
2. I am grateful for love in all of its forms.
3. I am grateful that I can two step again.
4. I am grateful for a bright, hopeful energized future because those qualities are present in the here and now.
5. I am grateful for friendship.

Love and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.