Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Sunday, October 21, 2012

October 20, 2012 One step, two step, Cotton Eyed Joe...

I sit here now, a very happy girl, after dancing not one, not two, but THREE nights in a row!  Not only that, thanks to my friend, Bill, I broke the moratorium on two stepping last night, and thanks to sweet Loren, I two-stepped, waltzed and even did the Drifter tonight, with turns!  I was really nervous about it, but both gentlemen, being the wonderful dancers they are, took good care of me, and now I can truly say that two weeks after surgery, I was not only line dancing, I was two-stepping!  Our dance instructor, who had had both knees done at the same time, was absolutely amazed.  She can't believe my knee is hardly swollen and that I'm able to do all of the turns in the line dances.  I think I'm just stubborn and refuse to sit around and wait for everything to be 100%.  Besides, movement promotes healing, right?  And thanks also to the homeopathics, the fish oil and the glucosamine that I've been taking religiously, most of it since long before the surgery too!  I also think that being devoted to the exercises the Physical Therapist gave me is making a huge difference, despite the fact that the cats think that I put the mat on the floor and lay on it to make it easier for them to get attention! 

Toby continues to occupy my lap and chest whenever I sit down.  He assures me that he's sadly neglected and is trying to make up for lost time.  His purr was an even better meditation aid than the music I have programmed on Pandora.  Maybe I should just record the cats purring and loop it a million times.  It certainly puts me under in a shorter time than anything else, and at night, the purrs lull me to sleep.  With all of the recordings of whales and water, I am surprised that nobody ever recorded a cat's purr to aid in relaxation!  To me, it is the most soothing sound I know!

After all of the good things I did for myself this week, I did one not so good thing tonight, and something I have not done in a very long time.  After dancing, I stopped at Del Taco for a chicken quesadilla and a small chicken taco salad.  But I did stop myself from going for the chocolate bar afterwards!  As I almost never eat fast food any more, I can forgive myself this transgression.  I wonder if it will make for interesting dreams.  (although the ones I've been having lately are pretty bizarre, so I can't believe it would be any weirder!  Maybe it will make me have normal dreams!  Now THAT'S bizarre!) 

Another short blast tonight as it's late and I'm tired and the kitties are lurking around my chair.

My gratitudes tonight are:

1. I'm grateful for friends who help me get past the nervousness of two-stepping again.
2. I'm grateful for the people who actually read my blog.
3. I'm grateful for continued improvement on my knee.
4. I'm grateful for another gym day tomorrow.
5. I'm grateful for epiphanies.

love and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.