Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Sunday, November 11, 2012

November 11, 2012. Fa la la la la

Thanksgiving is less than two weeks away, the grocery stores are working overtime keeping turkeys, hams, cranberries and pumpkins on the shelves and... WHAT???  Lifetime has already started airing its annual Christmas movies!!!  Not that I don't enjoy a few feel good movies but now I feel like I should already have all of my shopping done and ready to wrap. Oh, the stress of it all!    Not really, but a few dramatic, Christmas feel good movies has brought out my melodramatic side.

I'm still struggling with my motivation to get to the gym twice a week. In fact, aside from getting out for a couple of hours to grocery shop and run errands, I've been pretty lazy today in a very cat-like kind of way and the fur balls totally approve. I did manage to get the kitchen straightened up and clean the shmutz off of one of the shelves. I've found that if I clean a shelf or drawer before putting new groceries in every week, I eventually get all of the shelves clean.  Fortunately, the task is not as onerous as painting the Golden Gate Bridge so it  shouldn't take a whole year and have me starting over as soon as I finish!

And it seems that Scooby has started a new pattern with my blog posts. I have Munchkin snuggled up next to me and Toby trying to make biscuits on my belly tonight.   It seems that they want some say as to what I write these days.   In fact, Loki would like to put her two cents in too.

But back to the holidays. I love how the joy and silliness I started when my girls were small is perpetuated by my daughter Heather and is growing in her husband (it still feels weird to call him that, by the way!). The secret telling has begun, our brains are working overtime to come up with surprises that will make each other smile, laugh and even groan. The kids got me good last year so the search is on to even the score. As I type this I look up and see the Prince Charming doll who was addressed to me from my fairy godmother last year.   In fact, as I changed the toilet paper roll today I actually stopped before throwing the empty away as I wondered if I should start saving wrapping material already.   Whatever am I going to come up with to top the last couple of years?  Time to kick the old imagination into high gear!

I like to think that every family has their traditions and each new generation adds to those traditions. But I've found that there are people out there who really don't come up with fun little ideas year after year to make the holidays more joyful. In my myopic and totally human way, I just assumed that other families, no matter how big or small, had unique traditions to make their holidays and the whole year more joyful. Since reality has proven me wrong, I thought that I'd share a few of ours in hopes that others might also share their family traditions as a way to inspire those without fun family traditions.  So here we go with a few of my family traditions.

1.  Every year I buy hard cover books and inscribe a personal message and the year into the front of the book. I started when the girls were very small with children's books like "charlottes web" and in later years, moved on to classics like "20,000 leagues under the sea". A major part of the joy is finding something special for the people I love.
2.  Everyone gets fun, warm pajamas for Christmas.  Lately, we've been leaning towards silly prints and feeties.
3.  Socks and underwear are wrapped in unique ways ( like inside empty wrapping paper, paper towel or toilet paper rolls) and the recipient might find a Ferraro Roche or a Lindt  truffle wrapped inside as well.

I look forward to hearing some of the traditions my readers!

My gratitudes tonight are:

1. I am grateful for family traditions, old, new and yet to be made.
2. I am grateful for lazy catnapping days
3. I am grateful for my family who gives me a reason to perpetuate old and create new traditions
4. I am grateful for the roof over my head, the clothes on my back and the food on my table
5,  I am grateful that I'm able to work, play, dance, run errands and take care of myself and my cats when there are so many out there who can't.

Love and light

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.