Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Saturday, November 24, 2012

November 24, 2012 Finding good examples in surprising places.

Over the last few months, I've mentioned, repeatedly, that there are lessons I have to work on constantly.  These include patience, forgiveness and, last but not least, kindness.  It occurred to me today that one of the best examples of kindness is one to whom I never give credit; my daughter, Heather.  How she came to be so kind, I don't really know, but in hindsight, she was always the one to befriend a new kid, stick up for the underdog and be blissfully ignorant of what others would call "differences".  One of my favorite memories is when she was trying to describe one of her friends to me so I could follow the story she was telling.  She said " you know her mom.  She's the one with a darker tan than me."  She didn't mention that the girl walked with a limp because of a disease from which she suffered.  The only distinguishing feature she saw, and, in fact, admired was that she had a better tan! 

As she's grown up, despite suffering cruelties from others, she never allowed it to change her.  She's the one who is the first to volunteer to help someone in need, to ensure that if someone is a guest for a holiday, they have at least one present to open, or who encourages me to do something to help feed those less fortunate.  She is a shining example of true kindness and I am very proud to call her my daughter.  I am also very proud to have her as a living example of what I'm striving for, one of many these days, but the one closest to my heart, and most often overlooked. 


Dancing tonight was amazing, although I kind of had the table to myself.  The people on either side of me were overflowing onto my table as they both had lots of guests tonight, but that just made it more of a party.  I was like the bridge between the two groups, and had a great time socializing with both.  One friend was such a sweetie, worrying that I was lonely.  I guess someone who is used to being surrounded by friends and family doesn't realize that some of us do quite well alone, and don't usually feel lonely at all.  I enjoyed watching the interactions of the people around me, the dancers on the floor, the friends on either side of me, the couple sitting at the rail and how the little gestures made it apparent that he cherished the woman he was with.  All of these things made me smile and feel all warm and fuzzy inside.  And now I'm home, petting those who are warm and fuzzy on the outside!  I'm pretty sure I worked off at least a little of the Thanksgiving feast, but even if I didn't, I had a good time, got some good cardio in, and worked out my legs, which need all of the exercise they can get!  I got to spend several hours visiting with some truly delightful people, and sharing our love of the music and dancing.  How could I be lonely in the midst of all of that love and joy?  That isn't to say that I didn't, at times, retreat into myself, but there are times when I just need to hold the joy of dancing close to my heart and set my aura aglow. 

Tonight was a night when I felt my mood shifting rapidly, from outgoing and rowdy to introverted and blissful and a lot of things in between, all good.  It's as if I was on a journey tonight, and traveled to several foreign lands, stopping for a bit to interact with the residents, then gathering what I'd learned and moving on to the next one.  The travel between places was my time to review what I'd learned and allow it to help me grow before I added more stimuli to my journey. 

I sit here now, feeling happy, fulfilled, content.  My journey today took me to many new places and it will take awhile to sift through what I learned along the way. 

I have been getting more and more comments about what I'm writing here lately, and I just want to say that I take them all very much to heart, and appreciate the fact that, not only do people take the time to read what I'm writing, but they take the time to share their perspectives as well.  I cannot tell you how grateful I am for everyone who takes the time to read this blog.  My heart has swollen to five times its size!  Thank you so much.

My gratitudes tonight are:

1. I am everlastingly grateful for my readers.
2. I am grateful for caring friends who want to make sure I'm doing all right.
3. I am grateful for dancing which fills my soul with joy and my heart with friendship.
4. I am grateful for beautiful November days spent with my kids.
5. I am grateful for the most Joyful year I have ever had, and look forward to ever-increasing Joy from now on.

Love and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.