Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Monday, November 5, 2012

November 5, 2012 Practicing kindness and patience

Today I put more than my usual effort into being kind and patient.  When another driver allowed me to make space for them to change lanes, I sent them a thank you thought.  And when I was conversing with someone whose actions have left me devoid of respect for them, I imagined tossing handfuls of confetti hearts at him, and was able to finish the conversation with a smile on my face, and with my original plan intact. 

I thought about this when I was talking to my daughter who was driving home after work.  She was cussing out other drivers, honking her horn and just being annoyed at the whole process, so, of course, she got all of the inconsiderate people.  Meanwhile, I was being grateful and appreciating every little thing, so I had all of the considerate people who willingly made space for each other, gave everyone plenty of room and accepted the reality that the traffic might be a bit heavy so their trip might take a bit longer, but they may as well enjoy the evening drive.  And  because I arrived home calm and appreciative, I was able to get the sand boxes emptied and cleaned, the bathroom floors scrubbed and the trash out while my dinner was cooking.  As a result, I feel relaxed, knowing that I won't have to drag myself out later tonight to get the trash done, and can concentrate on making my decisions for tomorrow's election and enjoying my dinner over a little tv. 

I wish I could convince people that even their aches and pains are at least partially due to the attitude they take and the things they allow to build up inside.  I think if I had only one message I could impart to the rest of humanity it would be "Relax and allow.  Everything you want or need will come when you stop fighting." 

We really can be our own worst enemy at times.  It's as if we're trained from birth that in order to get ahead we have to fight.  In order to overcome an illness, we need to fight it.  I heard a commercial on the radio today talking about how we fight to lose weight, and how we rarely succeed when we fight it.  The answer isn't a fad diet or a lap band or some other kind of medical treatment.  It really is as simple as finding that place where you can allow yourself to be healthy.  When you allow yourself to be healthy, your body naturally begins to function more efficiently, you lose your craving for foods which don't help your body be its best.  That isn't to say that you won't eat them once in awhile, but your steady diet will consist of things your body needs for good health.  When you allow yourself to be healthy, your body tells you what it needs, and, for a change, you actually listen! 

The same is true of our careers. How often do we hear about a guy who fought his way to the top only to find that either it's very lonely up there, or he's not really happy now that he got what he thought he wanted, or worse, his health suffered along the way?  Isn't it better to allow the career that will bring us joy to find us?  That is not to say we should sit on a hilltop and weave baskets (unless, of course, that is what makes us happy!)  Rather, we can leave ourselves open to possibilities, even while we're keeping our bills paid by doing something that doesn't quite fit.  The more we venture out into the world and past where we are comfortable, the more likely it will be that that amazing, joyful place will find us!  You can't meet the love of your life by locking yourself inside your house every day, so why would anyone think they would meet the job that brings them the most joy that way? 

I prefer to be like the baby bird, venturing out of the nest one day and attempting to fly, knowing that it's what she needs to do to learn and grow.  Sure, it's scary at first, but mama bird will always be there until she can make it on her own.  We have an even better "mama bird" in the form of the Universe.  No matter what happens, as long as we believe in ourselves and trust that everything works out as it is supposed to, it will!   Maybe that makes me the Fool on the Hill, but if so, I'm a happy Fool!

Tonight's gratitudes are:

1. I am grateful for opportunities which flow into my life when I least expect them.
2. I am grateful for patience as it smooths the road I travel.
3. I am grateful for kindness, both given and received, as it brings us together.
4. I am grateful for people who fight because it reminds me to be still and allow.
5. I am grateful for a warped sense of humor which puts even the most trying day into perspective.

Love and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.