Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Friday, November 2, 2012

November 2, 2012 Ponderings, wanderings and meanderings.

So here I sit, without anything spectacular to impart for a change.  Just a day with a killer workout at physical therapy and a nice dinner with my daughter while her hubby is on his drill weekend down south.  Some quiet cuddling with my big, fuzzy boys and more petite, but equally demanding girls.  And so begins my weekend. 

I'm starting to see the annual Facebook posts about the 30 days or so of thankfulness and it amuses me because it reminds me a lot of the days before Christmas when kids are supposed to try to be good so Santa will bring them presents.  The fact is, gratitude isn't something you do just because the holidays are coming.  To really get the full benefit of gratitude, it must be practiced every day, and not only every day, but every chance you get.  You wake up in the morning, be grateful.  You have food for breakfast, be grateful.  You are loved.  Be grateful.  Without belaboring the point, nothing should be taken for granted. 

In thinking about it, I catch myself remembering how I appreciated the person who left room for me to change lanes on the freeway today, and how I made a point of waving and thinking my thanks to them.  But when I slow down a bit, or leave space for someone else to change lanes or merge, I don't think to thank them.  And really, why don't I?  They just gave me the opportunity to be kind!  If I don't get those opportunities, I won't learn, so for all who allow me to do something kind for them, a big THANK YOU!  And I will try harder to remember to show my gratitude at the time rather than waiting until it hits me like a brick to the side of my exceedingly hard head!  And while I'm at it, I am grateful for the people who start talking about thankfulness and gratitude around the first of November because it reminds me that I am grateful year 'round and that's a wonderful, special thing.  It also reminds me that I'm not doing enough to get the message of gratitude out there.  Granted, my readership has skyrocketed over the last couple of months.  I even had a day with over 60 hits!  I was so excited to see that!  But am I truly communicating the message of gratitude, or are other key words bringing in readers? 

I get constant reminders of how much gratitude and positive thinking drive a life.  I watch the people I work for focusing on the negative outcomes until they become their full reality.  My challenge is to detach myself from the negativity.  But not only that, to carve out a little island of positive energy in the middle of a cesspool of negative energy.  I have learned that doing so repels the negative energy yet I don't always remember to employ it. 

So what is a person to do when they are surrounded by those who insist on bemoaning what is wrong instead of delighting in what is right?  How do we alter our own space in their world so that what drives and motivates them isn't allowed to dampen our spirits or bring us down from our joyful place?  And more importantly, how do we alter things enough to move us physically out of range of their chosen, unjoyful path? 

These are questions I will be pondering in the weeks to come as parts of my world are going into a tornado-like spin which I choose to steer clear of, and follow a much happier, more successful path.  Although it has become more difficult to maintain the level of positive energy I desire in every aspect of my environment, I know that it is not an insurmountable task, and it will simply be the right amount of current applied in the right places to turn things in a more positive and desirable direction. 

One area which will perplex me until I find a solution lies in the loss of anyone I can trust in my work environment.  There are still a couple I can talk to on the outside, but inside is another story.  But this is not the first time I've been an island in the middle of a storm, and I've certainly lived to tell the tale, and truth be told, come out better for having successfully navigated my way to a better place.  Once again I'm being challenged to find out where that better place is and to direct my intentions towards that end.

Overall, I look forward to navigating new worlds and stretching my capabilities beyond anything I've ever imagined before!  I am confident that this new journey will have its share of trials, but the rewards will be unbelievable!

My gratitudes tonight are:

1. I am grateful for the turning of life's wheel so I never get bored.
2. I am grateful for nights out with my daughter.
3. I am grateful for my last quiet weekend for awhile.
4. I am grateful for a mind which sees opportunities everywhere.
5. I am grateful for a world of endless possibilities.

Love and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.