Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Friday, November 23, 2012

November 22, 2012 And everyone is stuffed!

What a marvelous day we had today!  I have so much to be grateful for!  The kids got here early and Mathom made breakfast while Heather and I did our annual stuffing preparation.  We really have it down these days!  We've been using our recipe for so long that we both just grab the things we need and start chopping so the job is done in no time!  We've come a long way from the days when I did most of it, but was teaching the girls how to prepare the ingredients.  And what would Thanksgiving be without a forgotten dish or two?  I forgot the veggies and Mathom forgot the yams he wanted to make!  He fits in more and more each day! 

It was a lovely day with family and friends.  My sister seemed very relaxed in our crazy company, and Caleb and his box of Legos entertained us all!  Heather was brilliant in making sure he had something to play with.  Not that he isn't a good kid anyway, but it was a long day for him to not have something to play with.  Although, a couple of times, I found him in my room with the cats. 

The cats were surprisingly good today.  I didn't need to lock them in as they spent most of the day loafing on my bed.  And Arthur hid behind the couch until his parents were long gone so he'd get another sleep-over at Grandma's!  Silly boy!  He finally came out to get some skritches, but decided that he was going to hiss, then ask for more.  My daughter has very weird animals!!!

But the food turned out great, the gluten free flour for the gravy worked out well, nobody left hungry and I distributed the leftovers around so everyone will have a little something for the next couple of days.  ( and I don't have a refrigerator full of fattening stuff!)   I'd say it was a perfect day! 

Heather and I did some more shopping online, and I have some Kohl's cash I can play with next week, not to mention the ebates I earned.  I'm still waiting for the Kohl's ones to post, but the others are already credited to my account.  I'm enjoying picking up a little cash for doing shopping I was going to do anyway.

But I'm feeling too satisfied and lazy to be very profound tonight.  The house smells wonderfully of the soup I started from the turkey carcass.  It will cool tonight so I can strain it and add all of the veggies tomorrow.   I suspect it, too, will be the best ever.  I'm adding fresh green beans and spinach to this batch!  Of course, the weather is supposed to be warm for the next couple of days, but I will still enjoy my soup!!!

My gratitudes tonight are:

1. I am grateful for family and friends who spent a nice, relaxing day eating, visiting and chatting.

2. I am grateful for cooking frenzies with my daughter and now, my son-in-law too.
3. I am grateful for being able to distribute the leftovers so they all get eaten and I don't overeat.
4. I am grateful for a 4 day weekend in which to shop, cook and relax.
5. I am grateful that I am able to recognize and acknowledge so many blessings in my life!

Love and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.