Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

November 6, 2012 Infinite gratitude

Today I realized just how incredibly fortunate I am.  I do not have to go to bed every night with a man who likes to throw things into a discussion like "give me an example of when I said that" or "give me an example of when I behaved that way".  Good grief!  Do people like that really maintain a store house of other people's transgressions or perceived transgressions to be dragged out so they can justify their anger or irrationality?  I cannot conceive of holding on to that kind of baggage!  I may not like something about a person, but to have to cart around not only my reasons, but supporting documentation for those reasons?  Seriously????  I wouldn't waste a nanosecond of processing time on such a useless endeavor.  And yes, the heart shaped confetti was thrown profusely at this one!!!  And it did make me feel better even though I had to be downright rude to get this gentleman to end the conversation. 

The Universe clearly has something pretty amazing in store for me to be testing my patience so frequently and so forcefully these days.  But will there be enough imaginary confetti to allow me to pass the tests?  I can only hope that my imagination is up to the task of supporting my efforts to learn patience.

At least the election is now over so we can go back to being friends again!  Why people choose to battle over something like politics continues to baffle me, but at times, it's even worse than religion!  We all need to take about ten steps back and realize that, in the end, it is still all about people.  All of us are connected, and we all have valid points in our beliefs.  Nobody is completely wrong and nobody is completely right.  In fact, in some cases, there really is no right or wrong, except when it is seen as acceptable to attack someone, either verbally or physically, for their beliefs.  I will always see that as completely wrong.

I have some dear friends who will be less than thrilled at the outcome of this election, but there have been years when I was the less than thrilled one.  The wheel turns and we all get our chance.  The very best that we can do is to make our voice heard and realize that sometimes the majority will agree with us and sometimes they won't, but we need the diversity in thought, in action and in people.  Surrounding ourselves only with those who share our views will not allow us to thrive and grow.  We will simply stagnate because there is no reason to consider other viewpoints, when we never hear them. 

So bring on those ideas which run counter to mine.  Make me think and learn and revisit my ideas to see if they still fit, and if not, to try on new ones until I find something comfortable again.  Then let that be challenged so I can again learn. 

My gratitudes tonight are:

1. I am grateful to live where diversity is, if not respected, at least allowed to thrive.
2. I am grateful for the continuing lessons in patience.  I'm going to get this!!!
3. I am grateful for being a month ahead of my physical therapist's expectations.
4. I am grateful that the election is over and life can return to normal.
5. I am grateful for the multitude of opportunities I am being offered.

Love and light (and heart shaped confetti)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.